We get this question a lot from our guests at Balcones de Majagual! Here is a list compiled by one of our meet and greets extraordinaire Nicole for you to read over- Enjoy and happy eating!
FOOD IN SJDS:
1. Restaurant recommendations.
- The BBQ chicken lady (Asada Juanitas) who sets up her BBQ in the street at sunset. She is located on the cement road next to the central market, across the street from the Cerveseria (Brewery)
- G&G Gourmet (located one block north from the Remax office) Has been mentioned as the best restaurant in town.
- Pizza on the Beach. Located next to El Timon Restaurant but closed on Tuesdays
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Restaurant with their infinity edge pool and amazing views of SJDS. Great for sunsets and keeping kids busy.
- El Pollito Pescador Their filet Mignon is my favorite as well as the chocolate mousse for dessert.
- Taco Stop for tacos and burritos. Located next to Barrio Cafe, across the street from The Sanchez Market (imported goods store)
- Simon Says for amazing smoothies, salads, and sandwiches. Across the street from Nacho Libre.
- Nacho Libre for gourmet burgers.
- Restaurant Vivians for good Nicaraguan food with a view of the Port of San Juan.
- El Timon offers Cultural Night on Thursday. Experience traditional music, dancing, and costumes from Nicaragua's rich history. Go for Happy Hour and stay for dinner. Starts around 7:30 PM.
- Taco Locos on Playa Maderas. The best nachos and fish tacos in the area!
2. Best happy hours.
- Vivian Restaurant has HH from 4-8PM, 7 days a week.
- El Timon has HH from 4-6 PM, 5 days a week.
- Pelican Eyes Resort on Friday has 2x1 glasses of wine starting at 5-7 PM with live music.
3. Big Wave Daves on Saturdays has a Farmers Market that goes from 9-12 PM where you can buy organic greens, BBQ meats, pastries, local coffee, and a whole assortment of goods and produce not available anywhere else.
4. Buddhas Garden for the veterinarian in your group offers all raw, all organic, all vegan options and is hands down delicious. The restaurant is located inside Zen Yoga.